IBM Storwize V3700
Easy-to-use, affordable modular disk storage with advanced capabilities
IBM Storwize® V3700 is an entry level disk storage system designed with sophisticated capabilities unusual for a system of this class. It offers efficiency and flexibility through built-in thin provisioning and non-disruptive migration of data from existing storage. Built upon the innovative technology in the Storwize family, Storwize V3700 addresses block storage requirements of small and midsize organizations at an affordable price.
Data has become the new currency of business, their most critical asset. But organizations often spend too much money and time managing where their data is stored. The average firm purchases 24 percent more storage every year, but uses less than half of the capacity it already has.
The right infrastructure allows clients to shift spending and invest in projects that improve business results. The infrastructure must ensure the most value from data at the least cost with the least effort and the greatest flexibility.
Building an effective infrastructure starts with software-defined storage, which frees data from the physical storage and provides better access to applications. Software-defined storage helps make an infrastructure simple, easy to manage and more responsive to changing business needs. IBM Storwize® V3700, the entry-level system in the IBM Storwize family, is an efficient, easy-to-use system designed to complement virtual server environments while delivering flexibility and innovative storage functions.
- Ease of use: The new generation GUI and point-and-click system management capabilities offer easy-to-use data management.
- FlashCopy®: Creates instant copies of data for back up or application testing.
- Thin provisioning: Support business applications that need to grow dynamically, while consuming only the space actually used.
- IBM Easy Tier®: Delivers better performance while controlling costs.
- Internal virtualization: Helps you quickly respond to changing requirements.
- Non disruptive migration: Speeds implementation and minimizes disruption.
- IP replication: Reduces remote mirroring costs with innovative network optimization.
- Turbo performance: Increases system maximum IOPS and maximum throughput.
- Easily manage and deploy storage using a breakthrough graphical user interface
- Gain efficiency with internal storage virtualization and high-performance thin provisioning
- Have continuous access to data with integrated nondisruptive migration
- Improve network utilization for remote mirroring with innovative replication technology
- Optimize costs for mixed workloads, with up to three times performance improvement with only five percent flash storage capacity using IBM® Easy Tier®1
- Comply with Network Equipment Building System (NEBS) Level 3 and European Telecommunication Standards Institute (ETSI) specifications
- Benefit from advanced functionality and reliability usually only found in more expensive systems
- Scale up to 240 2.5-inch disk drives or 120 3.5-inch disk drives with nine expansion units
- Provide host attachment through 6 Gbps SAS and 1 Gbps iSCSI ports (standard)
- Help reduce power consumption with energy-saving features
Chris K's Quick Tip
Even though it has a “bargain” price tag, the Storwize V3700 still comes with a one-way data migration feature (functionally the same as the SAN Volume Controller) that will let you easily migrate storage from other SAN-attached storage subsystems without downtime.