Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1 download now available!
Stealing Chris’ (one of our resident TSM gurus) thunder on this, but TSM v7.1 is now available for download (been installing it in our lab this week)!
We’ve been involved in this beta program with IBM for a number of months now so it feels good to be able to finally talk about it. Feel free to ask us about our unfiltered experiences or to see what it looks like in our environment!
As a recap, here are some of the top highlights:
- TSM VE Support for vSphere 5.5
- Instant restores of incremental full VM backups (!!)
- TSM Operations Center 7.1 now supports administrative commands, in other words, new GUI now reports and allows actions
- Exchange 2013 Support
- Item level recovery for Exchange and SQL from VM backups (no more separate TDP schedule needed!!)
- Database enhancements to support up to 10x performance boost for internal deduplication
- More reports, SQL column in TSM database can be queried for VM backup success/failure
- Lots of GUI enhancements, BA client updated, Operations center, VE client to name a few